Fitness to fly/Travel

Please call 111 if you need emergency medical attention during this time:

If you need medical help while we are closed there are many services in place to treat people who urgently need healthcare, but it isn’t a serious or life threatening emergency.

If you are unsure of the service you need, or need immediate medical advice you should call NHS 111. They can give you advice and if you need to speak directly to a health care professional then they are available on the other end of the phone, whatever the time of day or night.

Walk in services are also available at Loughborough Urgent Care Centre.

If you do need to go to the emergency department, please think about if you can manage to get there using your own transport, or a taxi. Ambulances in the area will always prioritise the most serious cases first, so if your condition is not serious or life threatening and it’s safe to do so, we would recommend seeing if you can get family or friends to help you get to the emergency department. If you’re not sure, ring NHS 111 and they will advise you.

Castle Mead Medical Centre awarded GOOD in all categories  from Care Quality Commissioning please follow link for the report

pill_collectionPlease take any unsused/unwanted medication (tablets, etc) to the health centre pharmacy

Used syringes and needles

The surgery will no longer be able to accept sharps containers from patients for disposal. However, there is a local arrangement in place with the Health Environment Team at Hinckley & Bosworth Council for the collection of used syringes and needles. They can be contacted on: 01455 238141.

The collection service is weekly on a Wednesday between 9am and 2pm. Residents must be at the property to hand over the boxes to the collection operative. Alternatively, the boxes can be delivered to The Jubilee Building, Unit B, Fleming Road, Hinckley, LE10 3DU, between 9am and 4pm—Monday to Friday.

Can patients please note the following:

Please ask your Doctor to prescribe a sharps bin for you to discard your used syringes and needles into.

Place syringes and needles into the sharps bin.

When you have filled your bin 4/5 you must get a new one from your GP.

When you have filled 3 sharps bins please contact the local authority

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website